Thursday, July 12, 2012

17 Weeks

This weekend we get to find out the sex of Baby Sehner!! At my 16-week appointment, I asked the ultrasound tech is she could tell if we're having a girl or a boy. After a few minutes of me looking away from the tv screen and her searching my tummy, she said she was very, very confident about guessing the sex of the baby. It might seem a bit early to some people that she could tell, but the equipment they use is truly state-of-the-art stuff (so I've been told). Matt and I decided to celebrate finding out to have a Baby Reveal Party with our family, so the tech wrote down her findings and stuck the paper in a envelope. I have to admit, on my way home that day I was pretty tempted to rip it open and find out! And Matt continually asked me this week where I hid the envelope--I didn't tell him where at all for fear he'd open it up!

16-week Sonogram. Baby's head is on the right.

A great picture of Baby raising it's hand to it's head.
You can see each little finger and a thumb!



This Sunday, we've invited our family over to find out with us if Baby Sehner is a boy or a girl. Thanks to Pinterest, I themed the party around a "Girl vs. Boy" theme. Everyone seems to have their pick of what it's going to be. I honestly have no idea--I'm not really sure how I can tell either. When you're pregnant, how can you tell if you're having a boy or a girl? I don't have a gut feeling, and I'm not really rooting for either one more than the other. I'm just praying for a healthy little one. Matt, on the other hand, is hoping for a boy, as I'm sure it's every guy's dream to teach a little guy all sorts of "manly" things. Either way, Matt and I will cut into a cake that's dyed either pink or blue, and that's how we'll find out!

Team PINK vs. Team BLUE
The photo we took for our postcard invite to the Baby Reveal Party.


How far along: 17 weeks
Gender: So close to finding out! Can’t wait!
Total weight gain: +5 original weight
Movement: Maybe? I can’t tell yet, and it may be too early.
Food cravings: Nothing really. I’ve been eating more and more pasta lately, though.
Signs of pregnancy: Peeing!! I find myself running to the bathroom every hour or so. I hear it’ll only get worse, too :(
Sleep: No more napping for me. I have lots more energy that lasts during my previous mid-afternoon slumps.
Labor signs: Nope
Happy or moody? Feeling overwhelming happy and excited and a bit anxious just thinking about labor and delivery. I caught a few episodes last week of TLC’s “A Baby Story” and haven’t stopped thinking about the pain since!
Stretch marks? No
Maternity clothes? Soon! My shirts and tank tops are getting tighter around my tummy. Not sure how long I can hold off buying some new clothes.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Miss anything? Beer! I’ve been out a few times recently with my sister or friends, and while it truly doesn’t bother me that they’re drinking around me while I have to pass, I’ve missed the taste and feeling of cracking open a cold one, ESPECIALLY since it’s summertime! I miss those lazy summer days on the beach drinking a Corona with lime. But it’s all for the greater good of my little one! :)
Best moment of the week: Getting my hair done. Might seem silly but I wanted to wait to clear the first trimester before refreshing my highlights. (And I was well overdue.)

Looking forward to: Cutting open that cake for a big surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment