Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Gender Reveal Party!!

After weeks of "hmm-ing" and "haw-ing" over if Matt and I are having a little girl or boy, we finally find out by way of throwing a gender reveal party! I was very proud of ourselves for not opening the envelope that had the note of girl/boy written by my ultrasound tech. (Actually, I hid it from Matt because I didn't fully trust him! Lol!)

We invited our family for a Sunday poolside bbq as a way to get-together before baby's born and to all find out the sex of the baby together. I themed it as Team Pink vs. Team Blue. Guests wore either pink or red to cheer for a girl or blue if rooting for a boy. They were also given cute, little gender buttons to wear I found on Etsy that also worked as favors for guests (http://www.etsy.com/listing/92153341/40pk-gender-reveal-boy-girl-buttons-pins). I also had everyone write down their best baby girl and baby boy name as possibilities to help Matt and me out when it comes to picking a name. Our favorites of the day? Aristotle for a boy, suggested by Matt's Papou (his very Greek grandfather) and Sunflower for a girl, suggested by my witty brother Rick.

The kids played in the pool, the adults mingled (as it's been a while since my side and Matt's two sides got together), and everyone oohed and ahhed over my growing belly. It was a fun, sunny day filled with great conversation and lots of laughs.

But how did we find out? Well, the owner of a baby consignment boutique recommended a local baker who works out of her home. I checked her out on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/CakesBySamira) and loved the design of her cakes. So the plan was to make a cake that was dyed either pink or blue based on what the ultrasound tech wrote down. Samira loved the idea and had never done such a cake before, so I handed her the envelope and three days later, so created the most beautiful cake that looked like a present! (And it was suuuuper yummy, too!)

Below are some photos my friend Amber took. Scroll all the way down to find out what we're having!


BLUE Punch and PINK lemonade: what's your drink of choice?


Family baby photos of Matt, me, and our parents


The soon-to-be grandmothers


Our family members under the pergola. Most wore blue for a boy!


Our grillmaster for the day, Tim


Our beautiful cake by Samira


It looks just like a present waiting to be opened!


So nervous to find out! It's a.....


...BOY!!





Team BLUE won!


Some possible baby boy names (silly or serious) our guests wrote down, a really fun activity for everyone!


The note from our ultrasound tech that reads, "It's a boy! 7/6/12"










No comments:

Post a Comment